I didn’t mention on my blog that I joined Facebook. I did! I am already stalking most of you who read this blog. But if I somehow didn’t track you down and you want to be Facebook friends you can find me here.
My Sister-in-law tagged me on Facebook for this meme. I’ve done a “100 things about me” post a few years ago but that was a few years ago.
Rules: Once you are tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about yourself. At the end, choose 25 people to tag. You have to tag the person that tagged you.
Note: I will only tag those I know in Facebook and if I do tag you please don’t feel like you have to do this. Only if you want to.
1. I am dying to visit Italy. I am hoping we can go this year.
2. One of my dream jobs is to be a kid lit author. Unfortunately I don’t sit down and write. Kind of need to do that to be an author!
3. I really, really want to learn how to play the banjo.
4. I have the Santa Cruz Beach Harbor cam bookmarked and I check it several times a day. It is my “happy place.”
5. I got through an entire literature degree without taking a single Shakespeare class.
6. Photography is my creative outlet of choice.
7. I will be 40 in 2 months and this kind of freaks me out. I don’t feel 40.
8. I have been happily married for almost 12 years to my soul mate and best friend.
9. I love to knit. I don’t really feel like it is a creative outlet, though, because I just follow directions. I do enjoy doing it though. It keeps me sane.
10. I was hit by a car this year and didn’t get hurt! Well physically anyway. I’m a little hypersensitive when it comes to crossing the street. Regardless, I was VERY lucky.
11. I don’t have children. I am still trying to decide if I want them. Or one.
12. I’m not really a “snow person”
13. I want to be more fit. This is a perpetual goal of mine.
14. I generally like music from all the genres. If it’s a good song I like it.
15. I am slightly obsessed with Marie Antoinette and the French Revolution.
16. My two favorite movies of all time are Vertigo and Rear Window.
17. I am the “Story Lady” at the library. The kids call me “Miss Monica.”
18. I am a lover of picture books because of this. My favorite storytime book is “Bark George” by Jules Feiffer. However, my absolute favorite picture book in the whole wide world is the book “We were tired of living in a house” by Leisel Moak Skorpen. I’m talking the version from the sixties with the awesome pen and ink drawings. I have fond memories of my mom and my older siblings reading it to me. I LOVE that book. I bought myself a used copy of it a few years ago.
19. I grew up in Spokane WA, where I live now.
20. I have become a beer snob.
21. I miss the ocean. I have to see it at least once or twice a year.
22. When I was a kid I was a fast runner. I kicked ass in the 100 and 50 yard dash. I was in a rotary track club and my relay team in my age group was the 4th fastest in the nation.
23. I love poetry and wish I was a poet. I would love to someday write just one poem that someone reads and says “wow. That was brilliant.” Because I love reading poetry like that. It is one of life’s little joys.
24. I hurt my knee slam dancing. I like to say things like, “Yeah, I’ve got an old mosh pit injury” to be funny.
25. My all time favorite song is Baba O’Reilly by the Who.
The last few of them I grabbed off of my list of 100 things because I couldn’t think of anything new. But they still apply.