So sad! My last day at work. 😥
you know how it works. put your mp3 player on random and let her go. Post the first 10 songs that play.
- 1 o’clock jump. Count Basie. Swing Back with Count Basie.
Good way to start this off. Count Basie always makes me smile. Love that trumpet!
- I want to be the man to warm your mother’s heart. White Stripes. Elephant.
- Hostias. Berlin Radio Symphony.Mozart’s Requiem.
- Wrong Side. French Kicks. One Time Bells.
- Why cant he be you? Patsy Cline. Patsy Cline Story.
- Cleanin out my closet. Eminem. The Eminem Show.
- Eight Miles High. The Byrds. 20 essential tracks from the Byrds.
- Don’t Fear the Reaper. Blue Oyster Cult. Agents of Fortune.
Okay. This puts a smile on my face. I can’t listen to this without thinking about that SnL skit in which Will Farell is the cowbell player for Blue Oyster Cult and they are laying down the track for this song. They really do have a cowbell playing in the background of this song. “You know what this song needs? More cowbell.” Gotta love it 😆
- Bush as Dictator. The department of Homboy Security. The presidential remix.
I can’t even remember where I got this song. It’s about 45 seconds long and it is just bush saying that infamous quote, “”If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier – just so long I’m the dictator.” (you can see the video of him saying it here) It’s just DJified. I don’t know what it is about people putting Bushisms to music but I kind of find it amusing.
- Lies. Violent Femmes. Add it Up.
Oh. my. god. How apt is it that this song comes up directly after the previous one?
Alright. I have to bitch about something here. And this is totally unrelated to my friday random 10. Well, except that it falls in line with it being my last day at work.
I just got my last paycheck, and they included the cash amount of my vacation leave in with it. I had about 125 hours of vacation leave saved up that I didn’t take, so I had quite a bit of extra money coming to me. Like I said, I got my check and they took out a LOT of money out for taxes. Basically, they took out the amount of money I take home in a paycheck! It kind of pisses me off because I was planning on living on this money until I get my first paycheck from my new job. I knew that they were going to take out a lot of money for taxes but this is way more than I thought it would be. Kind of puts a dark cloud over my day…Can I blame Bush’s tax cuts for the rich on this? 😉