Okay, as I mentioned yesterday, I wanted to post my goals for 2006 today.
- Stop using my credit cards. This was one of my goals last year and I failed miserably. I am going to give them all to my husband so that he can hide them from me. Then, if I really need to use them I will have to go groveling to him. This is the year I start on the path to paying off my credit cards.
- Running. Okay, every year on Jan 1st I join Weight Watchers. And three months later I stop. The problem so far has been that I spread myself too thin in the “healthy” department. I try to do too much. So this year I am going to focus only on the excercise part. I have always loved running so I will concentrate on being a kick-ass runner. I am going to train for the Bloomsday race in May, so I will have a goal to work toward. If I eat healthy in the process, fine. All the better. But I will focus on becoming a runner again.
- Stop watching television. This is something my husband is doing, so I guess that means I am too. At midnight this morning he disconnected the cable wire from the t.v. so I guess he is serious.
- Start reading more. This was one of my resolutions last year, too. I really do need to read more for my job. I have to know what the kids are reading these days. The former head of Youth Services at SPL (before she left a month after I started the job) told me that when she started out in the field she read 5 books a week. I don’t think I can do that. But I think I will try for at least 2 books a week. No television watching will certainly help with this goal.
- Re-learn to play piano. We just got a Yamaha keyboard for Christmas and I’ve been tinkering around on it the past week. Making music, regardless of how crappy it sounds, has made me very happy. So I want to re-learn how to play the piano.