I am feeling blah. I hate that. I feel very unmotivated to post something here. So I thought I would log-in and tell you that. Maybe this will pass soon.
Month: December 2006
Like everyone else in the world, I had been doing some secret knitting for Christmas. Well, not so completely secret. I did blog about it once. It’s the Encantada Wrap from Alchemy. I used Alchemy Haiku for this. What a lovely yarn. I hope I will be able to knit with it again someday. It’s rather expensive but so worth it. It’s a blend of Silk and Mohair. I can’t remember what colorway I used, though.
I finished it and gave it to my mom for Christmas. “Did she like it?” You ask? I’ll let the picture tell you the answer to that question:
yeah. I think she liked it :).
Gotta love the reaction shots.
It’s Christmas Time. There’s no need to be afraid…Books, Music, Art, Movies
Look what I found on You Tube! It’s the original “Feed The World” video!
For some reason I’ve been obsessed with finding the original version of the song to listen to. I hadn’t been able to find it on iTunes. So I was so excited to find the video!
I know. My age is showing :).
Back in high school I was too concerned with the hot pop stars that were singing to really notice the lyrics:
There’s a world outside your window,
and it’s a world of dread and fear
Where the only water flowing
is the bitter sting of tears
And the Christmas bells that ring there
are the clanging chimes of doom
Well tonight thank God it’s them
instead of you
dude. kinda depressing.
Merry Christmas Eve! Have a good one!
5 things you may not know about me.Life
Frank tagged me with a meme! I don’t think I’m going to top his five things (his eye popped out of his head when he was a kid!!). But I will try.
- I like to watch my clothes wash while I’m doing my laundry. Am I crazy? Am I the only one who does this? When I wash clothes I will sit and watch the clothes agitate and become hypnotized by it until several minutes pass. I know. It’s kind of strange.
- Following the “bad experiences in childhood” theme that Frank started with the “eye popping out of the head” story, I did an awful thing to my brother when I was little and I still feel bad about it. My brother is a year younger than me and when we were kids we were practically joined at the hip. We had lots of fun playing together, but, boy, did we fight. One day when I was about 4 years old I remember being so mad at him that I grabbed a spaghetti sauce jar full of rocks from Cannon Beach and broke it over his back. It shattered into a million pieces. My brother started crying, as you can imagine because the pain must have been awful. I felt so bad about it that I cried just as hard as he did. Plus I was kind of freaked out that the jar shattered. I don’t know what I expected to happen, but it was shocking, nonetheless.
- Following the “bad experience” theme, I became afraid of heights because of an experience at the World’s Fair in 1974, here in Spokane. I was 5 years old and I was on some kind ride that went over the downtown area, so that one could get a bird’s eye view of the fair. I was on the ride with my Dad and I remember him kind of freaking out a little bit. I don’t know if I was belted in tight enough but I think he was afraid I was going to fall out. By the end of the ride I was petrified.
- I get really weak at the sight of blood, or anything like that. Walking into a hospital will almost make me pass out. I don’t know what it is about it but it makes me physically ill.
- I have never had to have surgery for anything.
Okay. Who to tag?