Thanks for posting this fun Meme, Dianne!
Here are my answers:
1.Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?
ooh. That’s a tough call. But I think I’m gonna have to go for Hot Chocolate.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa wraps them.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No. Mostly because I’m too lazy.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
The weekend after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
I love turkey. We usually have a turkey for Christmas, too.
7. What is your favorite holiday memory as a child?
I loved the anticipation Christmas morning of opening presents. I remember one Christmas my brother snuck upstairs to my room to wake me up. He gave me a quick rundown on what he saw under the tree when he passed by the living room. Then we snuck downstairs to the living room and tried to guess what we got from Santa.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I think I was in Kindergarten or 3rd grade. It was a year that I took the bus to school. Now that I think about it, I think it was 3rd grade. I was on the bus. I remember some kids said to the person sitting next to him that Santa wasn’t real and this set off a whole discussion on the bus. I was devasted. I couldn’t believe it.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes. Christmas Eve is celebrated with my older brother and his family, since they go over to his in-laws at Christmas. We have this tradition where we pick names among my siblings and our husbands/wives. Christmas Eve is the night we exchange those gifts.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
It’s a mish-mosh of ornaments that I have collected over the years. I even have things on the tree from when I was a kid.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
Both. It’s very pretty. But it makes me feel a little trapped. I think I’m getting used to it though. We have A LOT of snow right now.
12. Can you ice skate?
Yes, a little bit. I have’t ice skated in years, though.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
My husband gave me my engagement ring at Christmas time. 🙂
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Spending time with my family.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
I love Christmas cookies and candies like Almond Roca.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Opening presents on Christmas morning.
17. What is your favorite part about Christmas morning?
Opening the presents!
18. Which do you prefer – giving or receiving?
Giving. But receiving ain’t bad, either.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
I think it’s “The Christmas Song.” The one that starts out, “Chestnuts roasting on an open fire.”
20. Candy canes! Yuck or Yum?