This has been one strange day. One strange awful day. Here is how the things unfolded:
- First, as I’m taking the bus from the Downtown library to the South Hill library (I had a meeting this morning) I notice that there are a lot of kids mulling around the a high school that the bus passes. The bus is diverted to another route because police are blocking off the regular route. Clearly something was happening at the high school. I found out that a “pipe bomb” was found in the boys bathroom and they evacuated the school. It turns out it was just an abandoned science project. whew!
- Then, I get to work to check the news and found out that they found the body of James Kim in the Oregon wilderness. This makes me sad. I was hoping that they would find him alive.
- About 10 minutes later I found out that a friend’s mom died this morning. I feel awful for my friend 😦
- Then my mom sent me an e-mail telling me that she had an awful day today. She found out that a friend of hers has cancer.
- She also told me that a teacher she knows of in the school disctrit was murdered this morning in a double homicide!
- Then she also told me that my step-dad found out yesterday that a friend of his was found dead when nobody had heard from him for a few days.
- I forgot to mention when I first posted this. At the end of the day a co-worker came up to me and said that another co-worker called into work saying she couldn’t come in because thier was a death in the family.
- This same co-worker’s uncle died a within the past few days.
WTF? What a horrible day!