Frank from the fabulous blog iFlipFlop has tagged me. I’ve been tagged for this before by others (Sachi being one), too and it’s right time I do this here meme. It’s an Eight Random facts meme and I’ve been thinking all day about what the hell I’m going to post. So here goes.
Here are the rules.
We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
And here is the randomness:
1. I am kind of embarrassed to admit this, but Miss Punk Rock Girl here really likes the song “Party Like a Rock Star” by the Shop Boyz. I heard it for the first time yesterday during my brother’s Hoopfest games and I kind of like it. In fact, I just downloaded it from iTunes a second ago.
2. I secretly wish I were a famous poet. Guess I actually need to WRITE SOME POETRY to accomplish that, though.
3. If I went back to school and got my Ph.D. in Literature I think it would be interesting to study the whole phenomenon of Wizard Rock. I love that they have inserted themselves into the story by making themselves characters and then writing songs from the perspective of that character. I am also fascinated, for the same reasons, with video gaming. I have always thought of video games as a form of literature and I am fascinated with the aspect of the video game player as a character in the story. I would make up ten dollar phrases like “Interactive Narrative” (which Raf actually thought up today) to describe this whole idea.
4. If I were to start a band I would call it “The Librarians” and it would not be a Wizard Rock band. It would be a punk rock band.
5. I can’t stay up past 10:00 PM. I’ve tried, believe me. I have tried to stay up to watch Saturday Night Live, but, apparently, I turn into a pumpkin at 10:00. I do get up early, though. Sigh. I guess this means I’m a morning person. And I am my father’s daughter (He’s the same way).
6. I can’t stand sleeping in an unmade bed. Yet, I am too lazy to make the bed in the morning most of the time. Therefore, I have figured out a way to make the bed while I am actually lying in it.
7. Here’s a bad habit: I pick at my cuticles. Sometimes, when I’m nervous I will pick them until they bleed. I know! Gross!
8. I can’t think of any more off the cuff, so here’s one borrowed from my 100 things about me list: People have told me that I look like Princess Diana. I have also been told that in this picture I look like J.K. Rowling (how’s that for a nice “Harry Potter” tie-in?).
Okay, so now I have to tag 8 people. Gosh do 8 people even read this blog :)? Dianne, Jamison? You want to have a go at it? Anyone, Anyone? Let say, if you read this blog consider yourself tagged. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to post in the comments!