Oh Look! I found these posts from a few years ago: 100 things to do before I go. Unfortunately I only made it to 40. I thought it might be fun to revisit these.
1. Visit Pompeii – yep. Still very fascinated. I will visit someday.
2. Visit Florence and it’s museums – Yes, yes, and yes.
3. Visit Rome – Why don’t I round all of these up into “Take a trip to Italy.”
4. It wouldn’t be a bad idea to just spend an extended amount of time in Italy. Like several months. Or maybe a year. – Now you’re thinking, 2008 Monica.
5. Learn Italian – Yep. Need to take that Italy trip.
6. Learn to paint in the sumi-e style – I lost interest for awhile there but now that my interest in doing art is surfacing I’ve been thinking about this again.
7. Learn more about Zen (and maybe practice it if it suits me) – Done!
8. Learn to play guitar – Meh. I’m more into the ukulele at the moment.
9. Learn to play the banjo – Still want to do this. I got as far as buying one but it is collecting dust.
10. Read all of the Newbery Medal winners. – Slowly working my way through them.
11. Learn the art of glass blowing. – Not interested at all anymore.
12. Get paid to be a photographer (travel photography would be ideal) – My dream job would be travel photographer/writer.
13. Write a damn good poem – I will forever be working on it.
14. Hike the Appalachian Trail. – Yes, and the Pacific Crest, too.
15. Live at the ocean (again) – This would be nice but I am really liking the mountains lately. I think I would rather have a cabin on Mt. Hood to get away to.
16. Learn to crochet – Done!
17.Make a fancy quilt like “Dear Jane“ – I decided a couple of years ago that I hate sewing and quilting and I never, ever want to do it again.
18. canoe down the Little Spokane River – This would be fun. I would still like to do this.
19 run a marathon – Starting this Monday I am going to start training for 10k, so I will be on my way.
20. Serve on the Caldecott Medal committee. – this would be pretty darn awesome.
21. Write a Newberry Award winning book. – I’m not sure I am a children’s author. I love the idea of it but I am not drawn to this kind of writing. When I write I write poetry or flash fiction.
22. Learn to play piano. – Meh.
23. Witness the Aurora Borealis. – YES
24. Travel to Mt. Everest Base-camp. – YES. My weird obsession with Mt. Everest persists.
25. Go on a Yoga or a Zen Meditation retreat in India. – Not sure I want to do yoga but a Zen retreat would be interesting.
26. Go to Tokyo. – Why I wrote that I have no idea. I wouldn’t reject a free trip to Tokyo but it isn’t the first place I would choose to visit. What was I thinking?
27. Donate a large sum of money to a good cause (yet to be determined) – This would be nice if I had a large sum of money to donate.
28. Visit the Egyptian Pyramids – YES.
29. Visit the Mayan Pyramids – YES. I think Raf and I might do this next year.
30. knit the Fair Isle Short Row Pullover in the book Loop d’Loop by Teva Durham. – Meh. If I really wanted to do this I would have done it already.
31. Visit Yellowstone National Park – This would be fun.
32. Become more generous – Hmmm. I suppose I could always work on this.
33. Eat a Pastrami Sandwich in New York City. – YES.
34. Visit New Orleans. – Would love it.
35. Meet all of my blogging friends in person – Oh, this would be so freaking awesome. I almost want to put this at the top of my list. I seriously should make a point to meet all of my online friends in person, face to face.
36. Drink a Pint in an English pub. – Yes. Want to do.
37. Tour the Louvre. – I AM GOING TO DO THIS IN A FEW MONTHS!!!
38. See Stonehenge – Should just plan a trip to the UK.
39. Learn to surf. – Not really interested in doing this anymore.
40. Read all of the Pulitzer Prize winning novels. – I am totally working on this and have gotten through quite a few in the past few years.
I think I will work on a new list that incorporates and condenses some of these things.
I also thought of some new things that I will add! I will put all of that in a new post since this one is kind of long.