In my last photography post I showed you my Holga results from my foray into c-41 developing at home. Here is one from the roll of pinhole from that batch.
Speaking of pinhole, happy pinholeday weekend! Sunday is the official day but since I have been traveling to meet up with my pinhole photography friends over the years it’s become a weekend celebration. I’ve brought my zero 2000 with me to the Bay Area and on Sunday will meet up with the gang in SF. I will post a recap of the day, so stay tuned.
Camera: Zero 45 (25mm, 120 roll back)
Film: Ektar 100
Cinestill C-41 kit
4/19: all are welcome
4/20: I spy tiny leaves on the tree
4/21: crescent moon love
4/22: giggling at the teens playing Just Dance
4/23: my what a magnificent tree
4/24: Been having fun drawing my life in comics
4/25: Ballpoint pen sketching
4/26: trying to feel the rain
Here is my week of happy days. This week was all about sketching! The rain kept me indoors most of the time.
4/6: New adventure awaits
For a long time I’ve been wanting to try developing color film at home. I’ve had a roll of exposed dishwasher film that my friend Inge gave me two years ago but my local lab wouldn’t develop it, which leaves me with having to do it myself.
I finally bit the bullet and bought a kit when I saw that Cinestill made one. I watched the video on their product page and they make it look so easy! And I had all of the things I needed to do it the way he did, including a foot spa! Plus it seemed pretty inexpensive. I spend around $25 to develop two rolls of color film at my lab, by the time I pay for shipping.
I was super nervous to try it but decided to jump in with both feet right away, rather than procrastinating (my usual M.O.). I developed a roll from my Holga an a roll of pinhole photos from my Zero 45 (which I will share next time). I am very pleased that it all came out and that I didn’t screw anything up!! The film I used in the Holga was a very expired mystery film, which might account for the graininess.
The photos in this post are the from that Holga roll. I shot these in the Hollywood district of Portland in March.
I will talk more about this whole color film developing in future posts. Also, I still need to develop the dishwasher film! I will update the blog when I do that.
This past week was a pretty good week. Not pictured: on Thursday I got to judge the library’s poetry contest and the teen category was particularly strong. I enjoyed seeing kids I’ve known for 7 years read poetry they’ve written. It’s weird to have worked here long enough to witness kids growing up into teenagers.
The library opened a seed library this past Saturday, which is very exciting.
I was a little freaked out on Friday that we were all going to die in a nuclear holocaust. So glad that fizzled out.
And finally, I had a lot of fun drawing a comic as homework for a drawing class I’m taking. I may have to do more of it! (incidentally, you can keep up with my drawing adventures at gottasketchthatich.com.)
4/18: they predicted thunderstorms but it turned out to be a beautiful day.
4/17: Today I fulfilled my lifelong dream of drawing my own comic.
4/16: My sanctuary
4/15: Today was the opening of the library’s Seed Library, organized by my friend Susie!
4/14: wine and deep breaths in anticipation of the end of the world
4/13: Love those blossoms
4/12: Knitting, coffee, and audio-book in the morning keeps me sane.
A few weeks ago my buddy Todd sent me a new camera design to test out (He designs 3d printed cameras). I was completely thrilled to volunteer to do this! It is a box camera with a 75mm focal length for 4×5 film. I am used to the wider angle of a 25mm focal length so was really excited to try something new!
I decided to try the B&W film first since I had developer on hand. I had a lot of fun with the camera during the week and I’m loving the results so far. The camera is really lightweight and easy to carry around with me.
I am currently shooting through some color film and will develop and scan them this weekend. The results of that will be in next Friday’s photography post, so more on that later.
Check out the info about the camera on Thingiverse (and print one if you wish!). More about Todd can be found on his website.
For all of these photos, Fuji Acros 100 was used and they were developed in Diafine.