I mentioned last week that I met up with some Spokane Flickr friends a couple of weekends ago in my home town. Fun times! We really need to get together more often. It is one thing to interact online but a whole other thing to interact in person. Way better.
Here are the photos I took with my Pentax K7. I will post the Holga shots next week (after they are developed).
I had a busy weekend! I visited my home town, Spokane. Here is a list-ey post with some highlights:
- I met up with some of my photographer friends on Saturday morning. We played cameras downtown for a few hours. It was very fun! I hope that we are able to get together again soon. Too much time goes by in-between these meet-ups. I brought my Holga and my Pentax K7 with me. I shot two rolls of 120 film, one black and white and one color. I am looking forward to getting them developed. In the meantime, here is a shot of some graffiti, made with the digital camera.
- I had dinner with some more of my photographer friends later that evening at Zola. I had never been there. I had the mac-n-cheese and it was fabulous. I also laughed so hard I cried. I had to leave when the band started playing ’cause I was turning into a pumpkin.
- I met up with my dad and step-mom for breakfast the next day. My dad bought an iPad a few months ago so I got to actually play with one close up which led to:
- I bought an iPad. yep. If you have one please tell me your must-have apps.
- I got my hair did. My brother’s fiancée offered to color my hair when I asked her about the topic. It’s actually a lot darker than the picture shows. I love it!
So there you go. My weekend in bullets. See you tomorrow!
I went to Spokane last weekend to visit my family. My sister was visiting from Fairbanks with her two daughters, whom I haven’t seen in more than 10 years. I decided to hop a plane home to see them! We had a fabulous time! In fact, it was so fun that it deserves it’s own post. So I’ll talk about it later this week.
While I was there I wanted to meet up with my Spokane Flickr friends. I’ve missed them this past year and a half I’ve been in Oregon. So I organized a reunion of sorts via Facebook and Twitter. Jennifer, Michelle and I met up at the Spokane Club for a delightful lunch and quick tour and then met up with the guys of our motley crew. It was a blast! It’s so fun to get together with people who share my interest in photographing things. I think those of us who like this hobby have the same kind of mind. We think the same way, you know? So it’s easy to be around photog types. And fun, too.
We wandered around the beautiful, old, Spokane Club building. There was so much to see and photograph. I loved it when we took turns taking each other’s portrait in some great light. I loved it when we snapped a group shot in the Ladies room (the chandeliers in that place were epic!). Also epic? The freaking fireplace! Look at that thing! It’s huge!!
Also, there might have been a ghost or two wandering around.
We also wandered around Westside area of Downtown Spokane and snapped dozens of dozens of photos, had great conversation, and enjoyed each other’s company. We wandered into this great little shop that sold handspun yarn and antiques. There was a martial arts studio downstairs. It was sort of surreal. There was all of this fiber lying around, along with a drum carder and spinning wheel. And I knew what all of it was for, which was kind of nerdy. It was mixed in with beautiful antiques and handmade items, scarves, hats, and shawls. As if that wasn’t eclectic enough, the sounds of yelling from downstairs made the whole scene kind of weird. in an interesting way. I was sure I’d have weird dreams as a result.
So. To sum up: photography fun had by all. Hoping for a reprise Bloomsday weekend. ♥
It was hard to choose a daily picture from our Greenbluff Photoroll today, but I decided on this one. I really enjoyed taking the pictures of the silhouettes. It felt like kind of an artsy moment.
Incedentally, I did take pictures yesterday but they won’t be posted here. I took about 500 pictures at the Spokane Is Spelling spelling bee yesterday with the library’s camera. I had a blast!
I went on a photoroll with the Spokane Flickr group tonight at a data center. The idea was that the company might buy our photos to use on the web, brochures, etc. I seriously doubt they will want any of mine but the company was nice 🙂