This blog post was written first thing this morning while I was getting ready for work. I am just now adding the videos.
1. I’m on E. Blondie
The fast singing is doing nothing to get my brain going.
2. Saving me. Nickleback
Well this is embarrassing. How did Nickleback end up in my iTunes library? I think The Mister is the culprit.
In fact, when this was playing this morning he called out from the other room, “I thought you hated Nickelback?”
3. Even in his Youth. Nirvana
I am feeling very Kurt Cobain today so this is appropriate.
4. Twenty one. The cranberries.
5. Three Marlenas. The Wallflowers.
6. Tear you apart. She wants Revenge.
It’s a YA novel in a song.
7. Someday. The Strokes.
Always like hearing these guys.
8. Skeleton Boy. Friendly Fires.
This was a free video download from iTunes.
9. The Denial Twist. White Stripes
10. Up All Night. Unwritten Law.
I don’t why this on my iTunes either. Must be The Mister’s.
I lack the brain power to post anything of substance today. So let’s do a Friday Random 10. Shall we begin?
1. Fight For You Right. Beastie Boys
I like how this is starting.
2. Rainy Day Woman. Bob Dylan.
This song makes me laugh.
3. Mr. Amsterdam. Sum 41.
4. I know what I am. Band of Skulls.
Free download. I find this song irritating for some reason.
5. East Jesus Nowhere. Green Day.
I kind of lost my interest in Green Day a few years ago and never really listened to this album much.
6. Wanna Be Starting Something. Michael Jackson.
Yeah! great song.
7. The Impression That I get. Mighty Mighty Bosstones.
Love this song!
8. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.
Fuck yeah, AC/DC.
9. Pro Nails. Kid Sister.
10. Miranda. Surfer Blood.
Yeah! My new fave band. What a good way to end it.
My iPod dug pretty deep into the archives today.
1. Black Celebration by Depeche Mode. I think the last time I heard this song was 20 years ago when I lived in New York. It reminds me of my best friend at the time, Jeme. She loved this song. I didn’t know it was on my iPod.
2. Skinny Little Bitch by Hole. Free download from a couple of years ago. Not a bad song. I just can’t stand Courtney Love so the song irritates me slightly.
god she is so insane.
3. 24 hour Party People by Happy Mondays. This song sort of sucks. I kind of like Happy Mondays, too. Again, I have no idea why this is on my iPod…
4. Hateful. The Clash. Yes! Always love hearing The Clash. Great song, too!!
5. Leper Messiah. Metallica. I have very eclectic taste in music. ( I LOVE Metallica.)
6. I’m Never Bored. The Walkmen. The lead singer of this band has a terribly whiny voice. It makes me want to punch him in the face.
7. The Only Daddy That Will Walk The Line. Willie Nelson. By the time I finished typing this the song was over.
I can’t find the recording that I listen to on my iPod on Youtube. The one I have is from the album, “Willie and Family Live.” Here’s a different one:
8. Roadblock. Rancid. Yep. Eclectic. That’s me.
9. Redundant. Green Day. I don’t like these guys as much as I used to.
10. The Devil Went Down To Georgia. Oh goodness. This song makes me giggle. A devil in a fiddle duel. Ha!