It’s Friday! and you know what that means. Fire up the old mp3 player and see what comes your way. Today’s FR10 is dedicated to the so-called “War on Christmas.”
- Fire. Pointer Sisters. Billboard Hits, 1979.
I love this song! I think the last time I heard it I was a young, disco, Seventies child.
- Stereotype. The Specials. The 2 tone Collection.
I think the only time I ever hear any songs from this album is when I do one of these Friday Random Tens
- Lithium. Nirvana. Nevermind.
Good song. Good album.
- What Happens tommorrow. Duran Duran. Astronaut.
Another album I don’t listen to. Song’s not half bad, though..
- Rapture, K-Klass remix. Blondie. The Platinum Collection.
Another song from my disco, Seventies childhood. But house mix-ified. I don’t like the remix at all. In fact, it sucks.
- Red Hill Mining Town. U2. The Joshua tree.
This song is making me depressed….Reminds me too much of winter during my senior year in high school.
- Primary. The Cure. Starting at the sea.
I didn’t really get into The Cure until I left Spokane in 1989 and moved to New York. But I would have been a total Cure-head if Spokane wasn’t stuck ten years behind the times.
- One O’Clock Jump. Count Basie. Swing Back with Count Basie.
You haven’t heard swing until you’ve heard Count Basie. I want to play piano like that.
- Mercy Mercy Me. Marvin Gaye. Marvin Gaye’s Greatest.
“Things ain’t what they used to be”. Rather apt I’d say.
- Bad Day. Daniel Powler. Daniel Powler.
Hmm. I think this was one of those free iTunes downloads. I think this is the first time I’ve heard this song. Not bad. Not fantastic, but not bad.
Have a good day before Christmas Eve! Or should I say X-mas? Or, better yet, Happy Holidays!