Here are the last few shots from that first round of c-41 developing I did last month. I took these while on a little walk on the trail near my house. I used my Zero 45 with a 120 roll back and the film I used was Ektar 100.
Incidentally, The photo of the river (above) was a longer exposure and I was nervous about encountering a mountain lion since that is where the previous sightings had been. You can read about that story here and here.
Here are the rest of the photos from my hike up at the Salmon River with the Zero 45. I’m still super happy that my foray into C-41 turned out well! I’m going to develop my Pinholeday shots at home this weekend (all C-41) and I have to admit, I’m a bit nervous about it. Please send good film photo developing vibes my way! 🙂
In my last photography post I showed you my Holga results from my foray into c-41 developing at home. Here is one from the roll of pinhole from that batch.
Speaking of pinhole, happy pinholeday weekend! Sunday is the official day but since I have been traveling to meet up with my pinhole photography friends over the years it’s become a weekend celebration. I’ve brought my zero 2000 with me to the Bay Area and on Sunday will meet up with the gang in SF. I will post a recap of the day, so stay tuned.
Camera: Zero 45 (25mm, 120 roll back)
Film: Ektar 100
Cinestill C-41 kit
4/6: New adventure awaits
For a long time I’ve been wanting to try developing color film at home. I’ve had a roll of exposed dishwasher film that my friend Inge gave me two years ago but my local lab wouldn’t develop it, which leaves me with having to do it myself.
I finally bit the bullet and bought a kit when I saw that Cinestill made one. I watched the video on their product page and they make it look so easy! And I had all of the things I needed to do it the way he did, including a foot spa! Plus it seemed pretty inexpensive. I spend around $25 to develop two rolls of color film at my lab, by the time I pay for shipping.
I was super nervous to try it but decided to jump in with both feet right away, rather than procrastinating (my usual M.O.). I developed a roll from my Holga an a roll of pinhole photos from my Zero 45 (which I will share next time). I am very pleased that it all came out and that I didn’t screw anything up!! The film I used in the Holga was a very expired mystery film, which might account for the graininess.
The photos in this post are the from that Holga roll. I shot these in the Hollywood district of Portland in March.
I will talk more about this whole color film developing in future posts. Also, I still need to develop the dishwasher film! I will update the blog when I do that.
A few weeks ago my buddy Todd sent me a new camera design to test out (He designs 3d printed cameras). I was completely thrilled to volunteer to do this! It is a box camera with a 75mm focal length for 4×5 film. I am used to the wider angle of a 25mm focal length so was really excited to try something new!
I decided to try the B&W film first since I had developer on hand. I had a lot of fun with the camera during the week and I’m loving the results so far. The camera is really lightweight and easy to carry around with me.
I am currently shooting through some color film and will develop and scan them this weekend. The results of that will be in next Friday’s photography post, so more on that later.
Check out the info about the camera on Thingiverse (and print one if you wish!). More about Todd can be found on his website.
For all of these photos, Fuji Acros 100 was used and they were developed in Diafine.